Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Innovator MD530

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Innovator MD530

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 AM
jddickers
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Innovator MD530

Robert,
Do you have spare batteries for the innovator in stock at your store. What about spare parts in stock. Do you have to have the soft ware to use a second battery. This is my first Heli and I love it. It has been great to learn to fly one. So far no crashes.
John
Old 03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Spazstic1

Hey John... yes we have spare batteries, the software, and a select few spare parts. Our distributor informed me though, all parts are available now.

No, you don't have to have the software to use a second battery.

Congrats on the heli!!

-Robert
Old 03-10-2009, 07:11 PM
jddickers

Robert, Thanks will order a spare battery and a few spare parts later this week.
John
Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 PM
esmoglo

Hey Robert did you get your stuff back from the hotel? By they way I went and picked up the software this evening so I hope I get a chance to play with it tonight. By the way how is the paint holding up on the gears?

Angelo
Old 03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Spazstic1

Hey all... No Angelo, I haven't gotten the stuff back yet, but I was informed by the hotel manager yesterday, that they were shipped yesterday morning.. So I'm hoping they'll arrive tomorrow.

The painted gears are holding up nicely... except for the very bottom part of the skids...from sliding around on the concrete the paint is a little scratched up, but the rest of it looks great..

I haven't had a chance to really tear into the software yet.. It was a very busy weekend, and now that I don't have my transmitter, I haven't really worried too much about the software or heli. Hopefully, I'll have more info on the it by the end of the week.

-Robert
Old 03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
esmoglo

Cool thanks for the info.

Angelo
Old 03-12-2009, 03:23 PM
ekotil

Thanks for the good info Spaz and thanks for starting this excellent post! I am waiting for my EXP. It has arrived but they haven't priced it out yet since it is their first one. I should be able to get it tomorrow. Is the set-up and start-up info in the videos also pertain to the EXP?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Spazstic1

Hey Ekotil.... Currently, I have no info on the EXP version. I can only imagine the startup procedure is the same. Congrats and good luck!!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
jddickers

Hey all, Well is was bound to happen I had my first mishap the other day. It wasn't to bad just wiped out both main rotor blades. I called the hobby shop where Robert works and picked up some spares. I also picked up a spare battery and the software. Terry was a pleasure to deal with and they shiped the same day. It was on my door step when I got home from work today. This is my first Heli and it has been a blast. They sure are a lot harder to fly than planes. I am also building a Century Airwolf 30. After it is completed it will sit untill I master flying the Innovator.
JD
Old 03-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Spazstic1

Hey JD!! I'm glad the parts arrived on time!! Terry is a really nice guy eh? Sorry I couldn't take the phone call, as I've been in bed all this week with, Strep throat, flu, fever, the works!!

A few weeks ago, Terry and I finished a century hawk 30.. We installed it into a Bell 222 fuselage...(same fuselage as Airwolf).. Let me tell you...the retracts were a *****!! Anyways, Terry is in the process of installing his Raptor 90 into an Airwolf fuselage... Can't wait to see them both!! Yours and his...

Unfortunately, someone who saw my youtube videos, decided after numerous emails back and forth with me, he's going to return his MD530 for a refund. The last problem he had was after the auto-setup, sometimes you need to "top off" the battery on the charger. Apparently, this is too much of an ordeal for him, so he's going back to his TRex 600.. Shrug...lol

I plan on doing a write up on the software just as soon as I feel a little better. Just like the heli, it can be quite confusing....especially if you "accidently" DE-program the heli.. I made that mistake... freaked me out when the heli wouldn't do anything!!

I will say this....Flying the MD530 in the simulator that comes with the software is NOTHING like flying the real thing. I may have to play with the settings more to get it to fly like the real one. Who knows.

Anyways, I gotta run....hope everyone has a great weekend...I look forward to talking with you guys soon!

-Robert
Old 03-14-2009, 01:24 PM
ekotil

Maidened my new EXP this morning. Set-up was easy by following the 2 page guide. My e-Manual wouldn't work but I went to the Innovator web sight and read all the forum posts so everything went smooth including the flight. I haven't flown in several months but the Heli was smooth although the mode 0 controls are soft(spongy) which was actually good since I was quite rusty. A few clicks of trim had it hands off hovering. I think I will start flying heli's again!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86440.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1157536  
Old 03-15-2009, 01:07 PM
esmoglo

Well so far so good with the innovator I am quite impressed with the heli. I can’t believe how well this thing fly’s in windy weather with foam blades it’s quite incredible. Hats off to TT for making such a good heli! I now have three packs for increased flight time and they are helping me advance my flight skills. I would recommend this heli it’s worth every penny!

Angelo
Old 03-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Spazstic1

ORIGINAL: esmoglo

Well so far so good with the innovator I am quite impressed with the heli. I can’t believe how well this thing fly’s in windy weather with foam blades it’s quite incredible. Hats off to TT for making such a good heli! I now have three packs for increased flight time and they are helping me advance my flight skills. I would recommend this heli it’s worth every penny!

Angelo

"Told ya so"
Old 03-15-2009, 06:29 PM
ekotil

Flew the second flight on my EXP in mode 1. Much more responsive and slightly higher head speed. This heli is a keeper. If you currently have problems hovering a CP heli get the MD 530.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM
aeromechanic
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Robert,

Good thing you'll get your stuff back. I might stop by the store tomorrow 03/17, or sometime during the week. I crashed on Friday, and broke my blades on the Innovator. I replaced the blades, and have been trying to track the new ones, but after doing so, during the first RPM's they're Ok, but get out of track again. The links were adjusted one turn at the time, and used one of the blades as a slave, but no help. I think I might have bent the spindle if not the main shaft, or maybe just require more adjustment. I hope you'll have those parts in stock. I'll try to bring it in, and maybe Terry can check it out. I'll try to bring in the Quark as well.

See you all, and happy flying!!!

aeromechanic
Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 AM
Thameth

Hey Robert,

I was recently out at Markham Airfield practicing my RC photography when I caught Robert Flying this new model. It was before some of his more recent mods. Check them out:

Robert showing off how stable this little guy is:

Robert landing it like a pro:

Can't wait to see this little guy more at the airfield Robert, especially now with the painted skids and tinting. Should definitely give it a great scale look! Enjoy.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
ekotil

Besides the good info found in this thread I have also gotten some great help from the Acehobby customer service line @ 1-800-322-7121. Both Leon in sales and Gabe in customer service have been a super source of information. Thanks guys!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Spazstic1

Hey all....

Thameth... Thank you VERY much for posting those pictures!! They came out awesome!!! I'll be out at Markham park this sunday, as we have a meeting/fun-fly around 1pm.

Ekotil... First off, thank you for the compliment concerning this thread.. Second, as far as Ace Hobby goes... THEY FRIGGIN ROCK!!! They are also the main U.S. distributor for the Innovator, so any issues we have that we can't figure out, we go back to them. I've spoken with Rocky, Mike, and John, and I have to say... They are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. They are always willing to make an attempt to fix whatever problem you throw at them. I've been on contact with all of them since the first day we got our shipment of Innovator's. Each and everytime I've spoken with them has been an absolute pleasure.

Aeromechanic.. I'm TERRIBLY sorry I missed you when you came by the store last week. I'm really interested in checking out that Quark. We do not have many parts left for the MD530, however... I'll be putting in a nice size order tomorrow when I get in. I'm also going to find out about the upgraded batteries... I saw on the Innovator website, that there are different colored batteries(Larger mAh sizes). I'm sure the tracking thing on your heli can be fixed fairly easily, so whenever you get a chance, bring it by and we'll get it taken care of.

Have a great night all!!
-Robert
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Spazstic1

****Also...**** for those MD530 customers that frequent our store, I always have my Innovator Software with me, so if you need to adjust anything or make changes to anything, please know, you are NOT required to bring your software or computer!! If you have it installed on a laptop and you want to bring it with you, by all means. Until we can get the software installed on the server at work, we'll use Terry's laptop, or one of the office computers.

P.S. The "simulator" that comes with the Innovator software is the FMS simulator. http://www.flying-model-simulator.com/ You can download it for free from that site. The MD530 model in the simulator, is NOTHING like flying a real one. I've tried all different kinds of settings and nothing changes. The EXP version flies more like a real one, but the MD530 model is horrible.

Thanks!!
-Robert
Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 AM
aeromechanic

Hey man, thanks for the response, I might stop later today, and definetly will bring the Quark. (although, today is a rainy day we'll see) Let me tell you, I found a great deal in an aluminum case for my Innovator, I'll bring it in.

aeromechanic
Old 03-19-2009, 05:51 PM
hawk300

Hi Guys today I bought Innovator MD530 & really happy to see somany who already have this & really enjoying, I am intrested to have some spairs like extra main blades & tail rotor blades too, from where we can have this, in advance accept my Thanks & Regards for your feed back on this.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Spazstic1

Hey all.. Aeromechanic... YOU ROCK!!! Thank you VERY much for bringing your Hirobo Quark in to see me. Looks like we will be carrying that helicopter soon!! I was very surprised at how well the Quark flies.. It's SOOO stable..

Hawk300... Congrats on your new addition!! I only hope your MD530 brings you as much enjoyment as it's brought all of us. As far as spare parts go, try www.acehobby.com They have everything for the Innovator's and they are SUPER to deal with!!

Good luck & happy landings!!

-Robert
Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 PM
aeromechanic

Hello again!!

No problem, man! I really enjoy the Quark as much as I'm starting to enjoy the Innovator! I heard somewhere that Hirobo may launch a bigger version, like the Innovator this year. It's good to know that you'll have the Quark available, because that means parts for it; but honestly, I haven't replaced anything on it in more that 8 months, just a tail rotor! the quality is the best, I highly recommend it. Also thanks again for your support in helping me tuning my Innovator at the store

Last night I went to Sabal Pines Park in Coconut Creek, and flew the Innovator there in the field by the parking lot, I was by myself and had all the space to fly, it was great and not to windy. Today is the opposite, lots of wind. Anyways, see you all later and happy flying![8D]

aeromechanic
Old 03-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Spazstic1

Hello everyone!! happy Friday!!!

Aero... sounds like you had a great night flying!! I'm very glad we were able to correct the issue you had. And now, you know how to adjust the different settings, so next time you need something done, you'll be able to plug into the stores USB interface and correct whatever it is within minutes!!

I finally repaired my MD530 today.. Had to replace the tail boom... I've never replaced a tail boom before on a helicopter. Today, I had the job completed in less than 10 minutes. 5 screws on the tail rotor assembly, and 4 screws holding in the boom.. Was one of the easiest replacements Terry has ever seen. He mentioned he couldn't replace a Blade 400's tail boom in 10 minutes.. We were both very impressed on how easy this helicopter is to work on. Redid the auto-setup, lifted off, noticed a slight wiggle on the tail, hooked it up to the software, lowered the gyro gain a bit, and viola!! Good as new!! Easy as pie!!

Welp...i JUST checked the Aviation weather forecast for FTL, and it's saying Sunday is going to bring 17-20mph winds.... soooo.... I more than likely won't be flying the MD530 out at Markham, but I will be out there around 1pm.

Have a pleasant evening!!
-Robert
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exp version is calling my name! May be in my future?????? Ill keep you guys posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.