Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tank Gallery VOTES?

Old 03-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Fsttanks

Received 248 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Tank Gallery VOTES?

This is a thread aimed at the individual(s) that DO NOT post photos in the tank gallery, but have a need to down grade photo "votes" (peoples work) because they are somehow pissed off or just plain jealous. If you don't like a photo that is fine, but if your work is so much better than the low vote rank you just gave, lets see it and let it be judged in the same light that you used to judge others work. Maybe you are afraid to because we might judge your work harshly too. Now I will say I have voted high marks 10-9, been neutral 8-6 and given low rank votes 5-1, but the difference is I post a fair amount of my work on the tank gallery for all to see and judge....DO YOU?

To everyone else please take the time to look through the gallery and enjoy others work. I encourage everyone to post their tank photos for all to enjoy and learn from. There are a lot of you out there that have done some amazing work and those that are still developing their skills. The gallery is a great place to get ideas and see what others are doing both for "fun builds" and super accurate "historical builds". There is no right or wrong and no limit except for a few closed minded folks that forget this hobby is about having fun and that everyone has a different interpretation of fun.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 03-24-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:38 PM
tankme

Received 205 Likes on 167 Posts

Not even sure why they need to have a voting system...
Old 03-25-2019, 03:43 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone pay any attention to the votes?
Old 03-25-2019, 03:48 AM
JREEVES
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have to agree with Tankme, this isn't a competition. I enjoy your gallery photos Fsttanks and even though I am rather jealous of your creations I gave them all 10's!
Old 03-25-2019, 04:07 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Question

That's a shame... it must be jealousy for sure. I have been here 14 years and never knew that a negative could be left.

BUT, it's a sign of the times.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:23 AM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

That's OK Panther I have been here a few years and didn't even know there was a Gallery! LOL!
Old 03-25-2019, 06:12 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I didn't catch on either! I just took a closer look... remembered the 'RANK' numbers assigned (could never understand that) but never scrolled the image down to see how they were placed.

Maybe put in place a "LIKE" similar to what FB uses would be friendlier?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:24 AM
Fsttanks

Originally Posted by JREEVES
Have to agree with Tankme, this isn't a competition. I enjoy your gallery photos Fsttanks and even though I am rather jealous of your creations I gave them all 10's!
Thank you for your kind words.It is just disappointing when people do things like this and don’t have their hat in the ring so to speak for others to judge them.

Panther F has a good idea about the just plain old simple “LIKE” option.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:21 AM
ThurmanMerman'sSherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was the admin of a forum a few years back and we ran into a similar conundrum. Folks on the boards wanted a rating system or "like" system for actual posts. We deemed the idea pretty much useless on the grounds that it was not helpful and spurred competition. Reddit uses "karma points" for posts and comments and folks sometimes will post useless stuff just to get points and others will brag about their amount of karma points. On the basis of "like" buttons, we found we would rather folks comment constructive advice or praise then to just click like. A like wasn't helpful in that environment, a comment about how good their stuff was or what might need some work was much more useful.

Sorry to hear folks are abusing the system here.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:47 PM
R3Dsoviet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never knew there was a voting system, just enjoyed looking at the photos
Old 03-25-2019, 07:17 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I just gave a bunch of 10 votes to tanks that I think look cool.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:42 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't be like Facebook... just don't.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:42 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Fast Attack Cross Country Panzer.

RCU, for over a decade, is just to nasty a place to worry about some other modelers’ negative opinion, LOL. Anyway, all the good, friendly and happy modeling stuff is happening on Facebook! Checkout the various groups. Your rc tanks are a “ten” within the category you like to work in FSTTANKS, otherwise just suck it up.

John

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 03-26-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: All Terran Fast Attack Maytag Panzer ��
Old 03-26-2019, 07:39 AM
Fsttanks

Another mean spirited individual obviously read this thread and went through and mark a bunch of photos down, not just all of mine but many others as well. Guess I hit a never with someone. Oh well you know who you are....and sucks to be you.

To everyone else thanks for your support and please continue checking out the gallery and enjoying the work posted there by all that use it to openly share their efforts.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 03-26-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:50 PM
JREEVES
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say I'm mystified when some folks bring attitude to this hobby, or any other. I was a involved member here many years ago with a bunch of my airplanes posted in the gallery, but then got occupied with a grandchild and other things. When I came back, new to the tank hobby I noticed that all my gallery photos had disappeared over the years, but most everyone was as nice as I remembered. I wish the Mods could get rid of the ratings and include links to the original posts where the builds went on. That would be really helpful!
Old 03-28-2019, 06:15 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I will try and post more of my work. I have a tendency to watch and look. I did post these photos of one of my test vehicles for paint and surface texture. Wow way back in 2011..... I have completed a Tiger II and Tiger I so I will post some photos of them to make up for lost time!!!

Last edited by MAUS45; 03-28-2019 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Add more info