Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Tuning JP Brakes?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Tuning JP Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 01:49 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I've had great luck with the Assan gyro from Global Jet Club.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BashaBolla
Hi
I am using JP wheels and brakes on a plane that has Electron retracts and uses an RB45 Electron controller for the retracts plus the JP brake controller for the brakes.
I currently have it set up using the JP brake controller on a separate channel but would like to plug the brakes into the RB45 and get rid of the JP controller ( and save a channel ) - has anyone done this ? does it work ?
Thanks
Why would you be running JP brakes on an Electron system? The electron brake are fantastic compare to the JP......

but if you must...the JP are similar....to the electron, in fact electron doesn’t have specific number for their brakes, neither does JP (unlike the motor which has amps and times)
Old 06-09-2020, 11:04 PM
BashaBolla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Electron brakes are twice the price of JP ones.....and do the same job just as well.....
Old 06-10-2020, 05:31 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by BashaBolla
Electron brakes are twice the price of JP ones.....and do the same job just as well.....
Well having run both in multiple jets, I have to disagree.....and I will leave it to that.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:25 AM
BashaBolla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have run both in multiple jets too.....and I have to agree with myself .....ok....granted Electron are a bit better and are more progressive but they are heavier and dont make the size I needed ...but JP have rubbish controllers........hence the query
Old 06-10-2020, 09:07 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I have sold a few Xicoy controllers to folks with JP gear.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:27 AM
klaasgesk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Folks,
I've installed the Xicoy LG15 in my Viperjet using JP ER-120 retracts. Everything works fine but I'm wondering whether I should remove the magnets for better proportionnal braking?
Old 02-11-2021, 02:43 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by klaasgesk
Hi Folks,
I've installed the Xicoy LG15 in my Viperjet using JP ER-120 retracts. Everything works fine but I'm wondering whether I should remove the magnets for better proportionnal braking?
‘Well if it work fine I wouldn’t touch it, if it’s not proportional then to me it’s not fine and I would removed those magnet, I did on mine when I had them...and frankly it wasn’t a big improvement.
The following users liked this post:
klaasgesk (02-11-2021)