Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Advanced Radio (AR) 26 channel receiver for spektrum futaba and jeti BEST GYRO!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Advanced Radio (AR) 26 channel receiver for spektrum futaba and jeti BEST GYRO!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 02:40 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

As long as future receivers will
have latest update sounds good. Also, how will
we know if a new purchase will have it? Any chance start up screen can have a scrolling message like my engine data terminal? 😆
Old 07-04-2019, 07:51 PM
yakoholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running into an issue using Jeti R3 and Rex7 receivers. I can see all 4 antennas from both receivers and i can see the motor temp sensor coming from the Rex7. Heres the problem, when i unplug the R3 I loose control of the airplane. No servos work. However when i unplug the Rex7 i still have control of the plane. This is telling me that the Rex7 isnt being used as a stand alone receiver. Any ideas guys?
thanks!
Old 07-05-2019, 08:24 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yakoholic
Running into an issue using Jeti R3 and Rex7 receivers. I can see all 4 antennas from both receivers and i can see the motor temp sensor coming from the Rex7. Heres the problem, when i unplug the R3 I loose control of the airplane. No servos work. However when i unplug the Rex7 i still have control of the plane. This is telling me that the Rex7 isnt being used as a stand alone receiver. Any ideas guys?
thanks!
So what do you have configured, dual path, default with clone ? Does it work if you configure default and connect only the REX7 ? Which port on the REX7 did you use E1/E2 ? Did you configure that port on the REX7 for Ex Bus OUTPUT ? Really need to know what ports you used and how you configured them..

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-05-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:00 PM
yakoholic

Originally Posted by wfield0455
So what do you have configured, dual path, default with clone ? Does it work if you configure default and connect only the REX7 ? Which port on the REX7 did you use E1/E2 ? Did you configure that port on the REX7 for Ex Bus OUTPUT ? Really need to know what ports you used and how you configured them..
YOU ARE THE MAN! You gave me all kinds of things to try. Im knew to Jeti so this has been a big learning experience. The receiver didnt work as a single unit or dual path. As soon as i configured the E1 port to exbuss it worked like a charm! Thank you for your help, its much appreciated!
Old 07-05-2019, 05:32 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yakoholic
YOU ARE THE MAN! You gave me all kinds of things to try. Im knew to Jeti so this has been a big learning experience. The receiver didnt work as a single unit or dual path. As soon as i configured the E1 port to exbuss it worked like a charm! Thank you for your help, its much appreciated!
Glad you got it working. Also, as a suggestion for testing these kinds of setups; Instead of disconnecting cables, use the Advanced, Wireless trainer menu F1 key to disable the Primary RF section to see if everything continues to work when the Primary receiver gets no signal. It's just to easy to not get cables reconnected correctly and not notice so once you think you have everything connected correctly don't temp fate by pulling cables to test your system is configured correctly...
Old 07-26-2019, 01:27 AM
kelly vallee

Originally Posted by i3dm
Please wait for the update official release which will include a list of the new features.

the update is not mandatory, you can choose not to do it
Has the update been released? And its new features?
Old 07-26-2019, 02:00 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kelly vallee
Has the update been released? And its new features?

Yes the update has been officially released and is available on the updater for download.

can you join the AR owners group on facebook? there are many instructional videos there showing the massive amount of new features.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:49 AM
yeahbaby

Is this same information available for non FB users?
Old 07-26-2019, 11:35 AM
i3dm

Here is a copy of Rick's post from facebook:

Hi guys. We would like to thank you all for your support and feature requests for Smooth Flite system. Our team have listened to you and have added many new features.

The new version 5 firmware is available now and all new Smooth Flite units will be shipping with V5. All existing Smooth Flite units can be updated to V5 with the AR updater cable. Contact us via PM if you need assistance with the update.

The new Smooth Flite version 5 user guide is now available from the Smooth Flite product page at boomarc.com so please download and enjoy.

In the next few days we will be shooting video showing the setup of the advanced features found in the new version. These videos will be available on our YouTube channel accessible via the Smooth Flite product pages at boomarc.com so stay tuned.

OK, so here are some of the new features we have added.
NEW PROTOCOLS
We have added in SBus protocol and Sport telemetry for FRSKY. So, Smooth Flite now supports Futaba SBus2, JR/DFA XBus-A, FRSky SBus, Spektrum SRXL, Spektrum DSMX, Graupner HOTT, Multiplex SRXL, and Jeti EX Bus. With support for all major industry protocols Smooth Flite is now the most supported vendor neutral product available today.

NEW MIX FUNCTIONS
* We Implemented separate Elevons and V-Tail dual channels so in conjunction to Ailerons, Elevator and Rudder You now have separate elevon and V-tail channels all with Smooth Flite Gyro control. We are flying our 3 meter Rafale and SU37 with these new elevon function. Many Mephisto owners will also love the ability to have gyro assisted elevons and separate aileron control.

* We implemented gyro assisted Flaperons and Crow function with speed control so you can now assign Crow or Flaperons to any input control channel to offset ailerons up or down. You can use a 3 position switch or any channel like for example the flap channel. The choice is yours.

* We implemented gyro assisted Rudder brakes function for dual rudder models. You can assign a rudder air braking position to an air brake switch or perhaps the ground brakes channel all with gyro assisted steering. The choice is yours.

* We Implemented Vector thrust switching on up to 4 output channels. This function works with single turbine vectored thrust (elevators and Rudder) or dual turbine elevons configurations where you can switch thrust vectoring ON/Off via a transmitter switch.

* We Implemented Gyro assisted Steer trim so pilot can adjust steering trim from TX.

* INDUSTRY FIRST - Weighted Mix Elevon mode (averages Elevator and Aileron to 100% of throws based on user selectable scaling). This is good for elevon models like the Mephisto where nice axial rolls are a required.

* Implemented Non-Weighted Mix Elevon mode (Uses 100% of Elevator and adds user selectable 0 - 100% of Aileron). This function is good for military scale models like the F18, Su27, Su35 etc where ground presentation is important at scale competitions. It gives very real elevon movement and still retains the Smooth Flite gyro assistance in the air. Also great for real nice barrel rolls.

* Implemented Weighted Mix V-Tail mode (averages Elevator and Rudder to 100% of throws based on user selectable scaling). This gives V-tailed scale models a nice flying characteristic.

* Implemented Non-Weighted Mix V-Tail mode (Uses 100% of Elevator and adds user selectable 0 - 100% of Rudder). For guys flying V-tailed models requiring scale like ground appearance then the non weighted mode will achieve this.

* Added output channel travel limit for all 26 servo outputs. Some of the new functions like weighted elevons and V-Tail allow for the experienced modeller to over drive servos beyond limits when achieving scale looks. The travel limit can be set for any of the 26 servo outputs remove possible servo overdrive.

* Added pronounced bump function at start-up if gyro switch is activated. This was added so the pilot positively knows when the system has finished calibration at power on. It is important to have the gyro in the low or high gain position when powering up the Smooth Flite.

* Increased Gyro processing speed so Smooth Flite now reacts 200 x faster than your fingers for even Smoother Flite.

NEW USER INTERFACE
With version 5 you will notice many of the GUI pages have been updated so it is now much easier and faster to program all Gyro and channel Sub Trim functions via the full color touch screen.

So... download the version 5 User guide and enjoy the worlds most advanced gyro assisted flying system for RC models.
😉
Old 07-26-2019, 03:55 PM
yeahbaby

Sweet
Old 08-10-2019, 03:36 PM
yeahbaby

Finally had a chance to get my F4 airborne with this receiver. Easy setup and nice smooth gyro. Was a bit sluggish in roll with gyro at 30% for cruise on ailerons so will reduce for next outing and try again. Very happy and looking forward to version #2 for forthcoming project.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:56 AM
i3dm

This is only Flight #2 of the new Rc-Passion / Rc-Aeropassion Trinity with the new Smoothflite V5 and AR 7434 and 7426 servos.Flicked the Smoothflite on.. BAM! instant smoothness!Rick Gell
Brendan Gell You have out done yourselves with this one! Thank you for this awesome product!
Videos coming soon.

Last edited by i3dm; 08-17-2019 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:11 AM
ltdorn1
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smooth Flite 16

Anyone else have one of these?

I have issues during set up... 1. the display is slow to update when moving screens Like in the IO set up moving channels and it will not show a port assigned when i know there is one assigned, the 15 point matching, and 2. most importantly...

when i set up the gyro part of the unit,

1. the on/off switch function Doesnt stay working. set it up twice at home and the off, setting 1, setting 2 switch worked fine. then when to the field the next day and i could NOT turn off the gyro function!. this has happened TWICE last weekend and this weekend.
2. also the invert setting are not staying and if i wouldn't have check before my flight i would have lost my brand new rebel hot because the elevator invert setting didnt stay once i powered off the unit...

I have read the manual a couple times and i currently have no trust in the gyro part of the unit.....so i have all gyro function surfaces disabled.

i just skimmed the thread i did see something in there about having to power up the unit with the gyro switch on.

i jsut tried keeping the gyro active when booting up... no joy...

And i am getting really annoyed as the gryo part WILL not Save the invert setting on Niether the elevator or Rudder!

Last edited by ltdorn1; 11-14-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:26 PM
airborn900
My Feedback: (25)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had this happen during setup. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. And then on my first take off my ailerons stopped working and I lost my jet. I have sent the crashed unit back to Booma. I’ll update as soon as they give me results of their analysis of the unit. If you contact Brendan at Booma, he is very knowledgeable and very willing to help.

Last edited by airborn900; 11-14-2020 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:57 AM
i3dm

Originally Posted by ltdorn1
Smooth Flite 16

Anyone else have one of these?

I have issues during set up... 1. the display is slow to update when moving screens Like in the IO set up moving channels and it will not show a port assigned when i know there is one assigned, the 15 point matching, and 2. most importantly...

when i set up the gyro part of the unit,

1. the on/off switch function Doesnt stay working. set it up twice at home and the off, setting 1, setting 2 switch worked fine. then when to the field the next day and i could NOT turn off the gyro function!. this has happened TWICE last weekend and this weekend.
2. also the invert setting are not staying and if i wouldn't have check before my flight i would have lost my brand new rebel hot because the elevator invert setting didnt stay once i powered off the unit...

I have read the manual a couple times and i currently have no trust in the gyro part of the unit.....so i have all gyro function surfaces disabled.

i just skimmed the thread i did see something in there about having to power up the unit with the gyro switch on.

i jsut tried keeping the gyro active when booting up... no joy...

And i am getting really annoyed as the gryo part WILL not Save the invert setting on Niether the elevator or Rudder!
which sw version is yours running?
there was a bug around gyro init which was solved, requires a version update.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:35 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Gulp!

I’m still wondering how to hook up telemetry to this receiver! The email on their website is non functional and I really really really hate Facebook ugh....
Old 11-15-2020, 11:38 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Gulp!

I’m still wondering how to hook up telemetry to this receiver! The email on their website is non functional and I really really really hate Facebook ugh....
Are you referring to the battery voltage, Mah’s, rx frames etc coming from a the AR? I just went into Timers/sensors and selected displayed telemetry. I went into “Add Telemetry” and when a number of option came up, I selected “Telemetry”....
all the AR Smoothflite telemetry was there. It’s actually very cool how nicely it displays, I was impressed...

Hope this helps....
Old 11-15-2020, 01:28 PM
i3dm

Originally Posted by ravill
Gulp!

which radio are you using?
email is quite functional: [email protected]
Facebook has the best support as the AR group has hundreds of pilots flying AR systems.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:06 PM
ltdorn1

deleted.

Last edited by ltdorn1; 11-16-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:07 PM
ltdorn1

Originally Posted by i3dm
which sw version is yours running?
there was a bug around gyro init which was solved, requires a version update.
yes i found the facebook group and see i need a firmware update to support my frsky tx/rx. kind of annoying they it was even released with these issues... need better test division...us high $ jets owners shouldn't be your beta testers... then to insult to injury, i have to buy and update cable for something that should have worked out of the box. not setting a good impression. no one buys a car and then finds out they need an update cable and firmware update to get the car to go in reverse...
The following users liked this post:
skunkwurk (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 10:14 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Hi guys. Old thread, I know. I'm trying to find out if I can use a Futaba Air Speed Sensor (SBS-01TAS) with my Smoothflite RRS...
My setup: Dual receiver Futaba 7008s, plugged into the Smoothflite. Using a Futaba 18SZ. I have telemetry working now, so I can display the individual rx battery voltage/current on the transmitter, but my main question is:

Can I use the Air Speed sensor above? (this is a pitot probe setup, not GPS). And main question is, where do I plug the sensor in?? I just spent the last few days making pitot probe hardware, with the assumption this would work...

Yes - I've just now emailed the AR guys, but they'll need time to get to the email and respond. Hoping someone else has already gone down this road. And no, I don't do facebook.

Thanks!
Signed, the sensor idiot.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:29 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Wow- got a fast response from Rick at Booma. All you need is a Y harness, to tap off the signal wire going from the primary (telemetry) receiver to the airspeed sensor. An install similar to what's shown here will work. 🙂 If you're using dual receivers, your primary receiver should be installed at A1 as shown.

Last edited by Ron S; 09-21-2021 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added pic.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:42 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I am having problems. I first set up my model as böusual with Jeti, 2 ail, 2 elev, 2 rudder. Also added elevon mix and flight modes etc as I have done earlier.

Now I started setting up gyro portion with wizard in arxl. Well it didnt go too well, elevators not recognized for pitch etc.

Then I started over doing it like the manual says, matching servos via arxl. Its pain in the A55 to set up via the display which is 2m away from tail feathers you try to set up!!

If this unit does not want to work like I want it to work ( like dumb gyro not trying to force me setting up everything again) I bin it and get a pb pioneer or cb210 with cortex..

I dont have time for hassling with archaic user interfaces..
Old 05-17-2022, 05:08 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray
I am having problems. I first set up my model as böusual with Jeti, 2 ail, 2 elev, 2 rudder. Also added elevon mix and flight modes etc as I have done earlier.

Now I started setting up gyro portion with wizard in arxl. Well it didnt go too well, elevators not recognized for pitch etc.

Then I started over doing it like the manual says, matching servos via arxl. Its pain in the A55 to set up via the display which is 2m away from tail feathers you try to set up!!

If this unit does not want to work like I want it to work ( like dumb gyro not trying to force me setting up everything again) I bin it and get a pb pioneer or cb210 with cortex..

I dont have time for hassling with archaic user interfaces..
I know lot of guys have them….but I like the simple CB’s setup with a Serial Setup Cortex Pro…..
Old 05-17-2022, 09:49 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Cb210 / cortex pro would have been perfect. I have almost programmed the plane now with arxl. 6 hours..

Now only aileron differential does not want to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.