Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Advanced Radio (AR) 26 channel receiver for spektrum futaba and jeti BEST GYRO!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Advanced Radio (AR) 26 channel receiver for spektrum futaba and jeti BEST GYRO!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got an email that mine is at the local FedEx office for me to pickup today. So glad I found out about this company here from those that have used and like it. Wished more posts on RCU were informative like this one instead of all the bashing and high jacking that is usual lately.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts

Hopefully with the weather breaking there will be more flying and less bickering when everyone gets over being stir crazy and cranky
Old 04-01-2019, 10:21 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

This is VERY interesting! And at 1/2 the price of CB 400's!
Old 04-18-2019, 02:46 AM
hmdurrer

Default Response

Why did you not include the Graupner Radio system. You have the RRS for them why not the Smooth Flight RRS?
Old 04-18-2019, 09:01 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 128 Likes on 89 Posts

anyone using one of these gizzmos with Jeti?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:29 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
Yep....a buddy is setting one up in one of his GS aerobatic planes that he previously had a PB Mercury in. (To have a good comparison case)

He’s on Jeti and will
provide more feedback as he completes the setup and tries it out on the line, so to speak...here’s the link: AR Smoothflite RRS
Old 04-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 331 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
This is my question also, specifically can or how does it handle, or can it handle both 2.4 and 900 mhz from the Jeti DS-24. So far I can't find any info about this. The system looks real good and is lots cheaper than a CB400 and CortexPro.

Gary
Old 04-18-2019, 03:16 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
This is my question also, specifically can or how does it handle, or can it handle both 2.4 and 900 mhz from the Jeti DS-24. So far I can't find any info about this. The system looks real good and is lots cheaper than a CB400 and CortexPro.

Gary
gary I just asked the engineers. Here is the reply

Hey kris.
Hows it going buddy?
Yes you can use both the 2.4 and 900 receivers. What you can do is run 2 x2.4 rxs and then connect a 900 to the back of the primary 2.4 rx.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Viper1GJ

Kris,
Thanks for the fast reply. This sounds good. I have piggy backed the 900 on the primary 2.4 before. I assume that if 900 switch over occurs the serial signal will pass through to the 2.4 to the RRS. Hopefully we will see some more info on how this will work with the Jeti system and telemetry.
Gary
Old 04-18-2019, 05:09 PM
rickgell

Hi Gary

Yes you are correct, the serial stream coming from the 900mhz receiver will pass through the 2.4ghz receiver into the Smoothflite and RRS system.
We actually tested this with the jeti importer in Australia and it works well.
Cheers Brendan
Old 04-18-2019, 05:12 PM
rickgell

Originally Posted by hmdurrer
Why did you not include the Graupner Radio system. You have the RRS for them why not the Smooth Flight RRS?
Hi Hmdurrer.
The Smoothflite system is avaliable in the ARXL version and the Spektrum version.
The ARXL version supports Graupner, Jeti, Futaba, JR and Spektrum SRXL receivers.
If you wish to use the smoothflite with the gruapner then the ARXL version is the one you are looking for.

Cheers
Brendan
Old 04-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Viper1GJ

Brendan,
Thanks for the Jeti info. I really like the idea of the self adjusting gyro gains and the fact that if the system switches over to 900 mhz your still have gyro stabilization on 900.

I assume that all the Jeti telemetry will still work the same for attached sensors on the recievers Exbus. Will the RRS report its battery voltage and capacity used to the Jeti telemetry similar to a CB200 or 400? Is there a possiblity of running a remote RC switch for the system instead of the magnetic or key fob switch?

Thanks,
Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 04-18-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:44 PM
rickgell

Hi Gary,
Yes, we do output telemetry to the Jeti radio so you will be able to see the battery telemetry.
The remote RC switch will work with the Smoothflite, however there is a wiring change required.
I would have to contact the jeti distributor here in Aus as he used one in his setup.

cheers
Brendan
Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 PM
cartune
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any protection if a servo shorts out? I cannot seem to find any info on this,thanks.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:10 PM
yakoholic

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Brendan,
Thanks for the Jeti info. I really like the idea of the self adjusting gyro gains and the fact that if the system switches over to 900 mhz your still have gyro stabilization on 900.

I assume that all the Jeti telemetry will still work the same for attached sensors on the recievers Exbus. Will the RRS report its battery voltage and capacity used to the Jeti telemetry similar to a CB200 or 400? Is there a possiblity of running a remote RC switch for the system instead of the magnetic or key fob switch?

Thanks,
Gary
I spoke with Danny at Aeropanda last week on your same question about telemetry. We need to use a Rex style receiver and the other telemetry features can be utilized through the receivers. Good to know on the remote on/off switch.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 PM
rickgell

Originally Posted by cartune
Any protection if a servo shorts out? I cannot seem to find any info on this,thanks.
The challenge with re-settable fuses (protection) is that there is such a margin of variance between hundreds of different servos that it is a challenge to select the appropriate size re-settable fuse. We have tested many combinations of servos and fuses and understand the bell curve for these devices. In a future release we may offer several channels with re-settable fuses and several channels with standard outputs. Then the customer can select whether to use re-settable fuse channels or not. The current Smooth Flite and RRS ARXL system have PCB tracks designed to fuse if a short circuit happens on a given channel.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:38 AM
cartune
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickgell
The challenge with re-settable fuses (protection) is that there is such a margin of variance between hundreds of different servos that it is a challenge to select the appropriate size re-settable fuse. We have tested many combinations of servos and fuses and understand the bell curve for these devices. In a future release we may offer several channels with re-settable fuses and several channels with standard outputs. Then the customer can select whether to use re-settable fuse channels or not. The current Smooth Flite and RRS ARXL system have PCB tracks designed to fuse if a short circuit happens on a given channel.
thanks
Old 04-19-2019, 10:01 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cartune
did you ever have a servo short out?
in 26 years of modelling ive seen many servos burn. none of them shorted out though.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:07 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by i3dm
did you ever have a servo short out?
in 26 years of modelling ive seen many servos burn. none of them shorted out though.
Hopefully the protection would save the servo from burning.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:12 AM
i3dm

Originally Posted by causeitflies

Hopefully the protection would save the servo from burning.
a fuse wont fix a burned servo, it will just prevent it from loading the power supply system.

at which current do you recommend cutting the servo power and how do you assure that other types of servos wont get to that current under high flight loads?
this is the reason its very difficult to implement this feature in a market where each pilot uses different types of servos and different loads.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:31 AM
causeitflies

Originally Posted by i3dm
a fuse wont fix a burned servo, it will just prevent it from loading the power supply system.

at which current do you recommend cutting the servo power and how do you assure that other types of servos wont get to that current under high flight loads?
this is the reason its very difficult to implement this feature in a market where each pilot uses different types of servos and different loads.
Exactly, which is why having selectable resettable fuses is a good idea. While poly fuses are usually meant to protect the system, thoughtful use could protect servos.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:38 AM
i3dm

Originally Posted by causeitflies

Exactly, which is why having selectable resettable fuses is a good idea. While poly fuses are usually meant to protect the system, thoughtful use could protect servos.
i suspect it would be extremely difficult to determine the threshold without doing extensive research on your specific servo in your specific application.

would be happy to discuss your opinion off the forum, didnt mean to hijack the Smoothflite thread
Old 04-19-2019, 12:22 PM
causeitflies

I only mentioned it because rickgell said it may be in a future release so no hijack . Multiplex uses them in their receivers and Jeti uses them in the Central Boxes. Jeti will now offer a choice of with or without. So the AR unit offering both in a single unit would be a step up and possibly a great advantage. There are also telemetry devices out there to determine threshold.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:23 AM
i3dm

of course its possible and from knowing Rick he will definitely do the research before hand in order to supply a great product.

i was outlining the challenges in such implementations
Old 04-20-2019, 02:13 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Well done Rick and Brendan, following this thread with great interest. I suppose it is too early to ask, but will the Smooth Flite work with the new PB Core?

Cheers,

JanR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.