Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Turbinator (V2) Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbinator (V2) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 06:24 PM
smittymgs
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noticed that this thread is semi-active again. I am also trying to decide on a turbine. I was looking at a Kingtech k120G2 only because the weight is the same as the 100 unless you guys think the residual thrust would create problems. I believe the all up weight will come in slightly over 25lbs. Essentially a stock build with the tip tanks semi-scale cockpit (thing is a flying tank) . I have 600-800 feet of paved or geotex surface to fly off of. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt

kingtech
Old 11-16-2018, 05:00 AM
horsefeetky

they do great on a 100n so pic your power choice by fuel consumption if the newer 120 g2 is thrifty the extra power will be fun off grass but not needed in the air. also view the start of this thread for the proper thrust angle on the engine mount for smoother transistion over the speed envelope without need for mixing of elev to throttle

and dont burn the geotec runway up
Old 11-16-2018, 08:06 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I fly mine with a JetCentral Cheetah SP (140N size) , off grass, and don't seem to have any issues with residual thrust on landing.
I did have to add significant downthrust (more than most since my airframe was prototype #2 .... the factory added some more downthrust later on)
It's a great flying plane. It was my waiver jet and I don' think I'll ever bring myself to sell it.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:11 AM
smittymgs
My Feedback: (9)

Finally finished this jet and had a couple questions
1. Mine finished up at a whopping 28lbs. Now this is with smoke, lights, cockpit , big batteries, and tip tanks, K120 for power, UAT full. Do I have a lead sled?
2. The metal plate under the fuselage gets pretty hot ( I have only tested it on the ground) has anyone had any issues with this?
3. Finally ; went with the rates and CG in the manual as low rates with 30% expo and about 10deg down thrust on the engine.. I assume this is the best starting point?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Matt
Old 06-19-2019, 02:35 AM
TPerk
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by smittymgs
Finally finished this jet and had a couple questions
1. Mine finished up at a whopping 28lbs. Now this is with smoke, lights, cockpit , big batteries, and tip tanks, K120 for power, UAT full. Do I have a lead sled?
2. The metal plate under the fuselage gets pretty hot ( I have only tested it on the ground) has anyone had any issues with this?
3. Finally ; went with the rates and CG in the manual as low rates with 30% expo and about 10deg down thrust on the engine.. I assume this is the best starting point?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Matt
My Turbineator is 32 lbs with a full take of fuel, I did not go with smoke. One of our club member had one with smoke and his flew good,we both are using a K120 engine.. I am thinking you will be good.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:05 AM
TPerk

I have a question does any one have a King Tech K120 G the newest engine. I am having a issue with mine, it went off on high PW I am curious to know if one knows what there PW is at full throttle. I removed to UAT and the filter that came with the engine and I am still at 550 PW at full throttle. It was suggested to raise the PW cut off to 650. Any thoughts from any one.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:12 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

IMO, for the sake of a broader audience and better chances of getting a satisfactory answer, this is better asked in the KT technical support thread or as a stand-alone thread all its own.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:22 AM
TPerk

Originally Posted by highhorse
IMO, for the sake of a broader audience and better chances of getting a satisfactory answer, this is better asked in the KT technical support thread or as a stand-alone thread all its own.
I am just trying to find out what others have for a PW at full throttle with a king Tech K120G I was in contact with K T. Do you have a K T 120?
Old 07-15-2022, 02:25 PM
Tony Pacini

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George
This isn't a build thread per se, but more of an informational thread on the "new" version which I'm calling V2; and hopefully this will become the "go-to" thread for the V2 Turbinator, so if you have questions or input, please post here.

I took pics as I was assembling, but apparently I deleted some before they all got downloaded, so some are missing, but you'll get the idea.

The finished product!
Exactly which version of the Turbinator is this? Who was the manufacturer and/or US distributor? I’m looking for a canopy and need to make sure I find the correct size. The one I’m looking for is about 24” long.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:41 PM
Tony Pacini

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solution found: it turns out to be a Turbinator Sport Jet by Boomerang Jets, and they actually had a few canopies left in stock.