Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hobbywing 60a or sidewinder 3 esc or other?

Old 02-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Popo232356

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbywing 60a or sidewinder 3 esc or other?

Just want recommendations. I have a sidewinder 2 motor but the sidewinder 2 esc went bad. What do you guys recommend. I looked at the hobbywing 60a and sidewinder 3esc and don’t know what to get. Sorry for the noob post.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:12 AM
Popo232356

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also running a 3s and traxxas rustler
Old 02-17-2019, 04:47 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

What is the KV of the motor you have?

HobbyWing ESC's tend to stand the test of time and they also offer deep discounts for replacement of any ESC outside warranty later on. If I were running 3S then I would get the MAX 10 SCT which will handle the load a lot better than the Castle Cremations ESC you have
Old 02-22-2019, 08:12 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_delong
What is the KV of the motor you have?

HobbyWing ESC's tend to stand the test of time and they also offer deep discounts for replacement of any ESC outside warranty later on. If I were running 3S then I would get the MAX 10 SCT which will handle the load a lot better than the Castle Cremations ESC you have
That made me laugh
Remember years back when I was really hardcore into RC's and we had people who never used a HW ESC would argue till they were blue in the face that they were complete crap as their friends cousin's step brother's mothers hairstylists friends friend had one fry, and how CC ESC's were the best ever.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:42 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

AFAIK, HobbyWing has had a solid reputation from day 1, it took a few years for them to become an established brand, but now I feel they are regarded as one the most popular brands among both bashers and racers alike